The interactive e-learning course for succeeding in group work & preparing for the world of work
The Working in Groups e-Course was designed and developed at the University of Warwick and is exclusively licensed to GlobalPeople Consulting Ltd.
According to several recent surveys, many employers are looking for graduates who can work well in teams. This entails:
- Communicating effectively
- Having confidence to share initial ideas
- Giving feedback clearly but sensitively
- Handling different working patterns
In fact, employers often have difficulty recruiting graduates with these skills, and this is because such skills and qualities don’t developed automatically. They need to be honed and supported and this is why the Working in Groups e-Course was developed.
The e-course has four main components: Communication Patterns, Trying Out Ideas, Work Patterns, and Giving Feedback. All these elements work together to enhance teamwork success, leading to:
- Involvement of all team members
- Emergence of innovative and creative ideas
- High-quality task-achievement
- Collaborative team spirit
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Time-management skills
“The case studies, interaction and real life examples helped us get a deep insight into various behaviours.”
“I became more aware of the way I communicate and interact with others.”Engineering student
Each of the four main components is supported by:
- Mini case studies
- Video clips of students’ reflections
- Prompts to help learners reflect on questions about their own experiences
- Micro tasks designed around authentic examples of student teamwork
- Research perspectives
Reflection is particularly important because reflection helps turn an experience into learning.
A demo of the course is shown below. An Instructor’s Guide is also available when the course is to be used with students and multiple licences have been purchased.
For more information about:
- Course content
- How students have gained from the course
- Ways of using the e-Course
- Single and multiple licences
- and more …
… get in touch with us and request our brochure.